Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

If Japanese business men dance in New York, it should be like this...


What are the differences between American business style and Japanese business style?

1.      Clothing

Is it my prejudice that American people usually wear simple cloth at their office?  Because I do not often see my friends wear business suit. They usually ware like this picture.
             However, it was common to see that my Japanese friends wearing business suit. 


2.      After worked

American people go back to their home immediately after worked and they spend time for their family or friends.

Japanese go out with their boss or coworkers, 2 or 3 times a week. When my boss asks me to go out, I cannot say “no.” Even if I have other promise or I do not like to go… This is typical Japanese behavior. Our only choice of answer is “yes sir”.  Japanese believe that collective action is most important in the company (working society). 



I imagine that if Japanese business men visit in New Yoke, they would move like this…. (as a working machines)

5 comments:

  1. This is really interesting. The difference between American and Japanese culture as it relates to business is something that was covered in several of my classes, but I never thought of American business people as being very casual compared to Japanese business people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaks Cassie! Me either, I did not realize until moving to the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really interesting to see how different our cultures are. never actually sat down and looked at it before. Now, I will think about this when I see people walking around on the streets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to love some of the Japanese traditions and cultures. I also did a project on different cultures and found American/Westerners are more casual in all business transactions while other cultures have a completely different view on how business should be conducted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating! I love learning about the Japanese culture through your blog!

    ReplyDelete